Grand Opening

GRAND OPENING

NEW GULF COAST SPORTING CLAYS COURSE

 

Corpus Christi Pistol and Rifle Club (CCPRC) is proud to announce the ribbon cutting and grand opening of it’s new Sporting Clays course on Saturday December 16, 2017 at 10:30 am.

 

The new Sporting Clays course is a 16 station course on 45 acres. The landscaping was designed to look much like the coastal grass plains of Texas with oak motts (groves) scattered around the course with plenty of open area to set targets.

 

The Sporting Clays course is the cumulation of a process started in May of 2015 with a Target Range Grant application presented to the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department by club manager Craig Cook and sporting clays committee chairman Jeff Hyde (now President of the Board of CCPRC).

 

The grant program with the Texas Parks and Wildlife, through a federal assistance grant with the US Fish and Wildlife Service (under the Federal Aid in Wildlife Restoration Act of 1937, most often referred to as the Pittman–Robertson Act) is covering about 75% and CCPRC the other 25% of the cost to build the course. 

 

The Pittman–Robertson Act is funded with the taxes gun owners pay when they buy firearms and ammunition.  The course was designed by Heyward Cunningham of Promatic, Inc.    Heyward comments that “the course will be a target setters dream with all the open space and air in which to set and throw targets”.

 

Initially the course will be open on Tuesday and Thursday from 1:00 pm to thirty minutes prior to sunset (about 5:00 pm in the winter), Wednesdays from 10:30 to thirty minutes prior to sunset, Saturday and Sunday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.  The club will have golf carts for rent.  Pictures of the course and more info about CCPRC can be found at these websites;

 https://www.facebook.com/ccpistolandrifleclub and https://www.ccpistolrifleclub.com/